Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Marc.

Marc Jacobs Fall 2010 Collection
 
What a breathtaking show. 
This collection, presentation, and song brought tears to my eyes!
I have such a close connection to this song from when I was a little girl. My dad and I use to sing it all the time, and when I saw Marc Jacobs' collection I couldn't help myself but to fall in love with it. He is such an amazingly talented designer, and I love how he went back to the basics in a modern way for this Fall collection. Marc removed brown construction paper from the back of the Armory, and all 56 models were revealed, standing in formation on the raised platform and staring back at the audience. Such a modern and fresh way to start a show.
"It's refreshing to see something that isn't trying so hard to be new," Jacobs, subversive as ever, said after the show. "There's so much striving for newness now that newness feels less new."
<3
KM


TheUrbanFlamingo-Twitter
TheUrbanFlamingo-BlogLovin
TheUrbanFlamingo-Facebook
               

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to every one of your thoughtful comments and will be sure to respond as soon as I can!